How much does it cost to live in Mascoma Valley Cooperative?
Community members decide whether to increase the rent and by how much.
- Each Member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the Cooperative’s mortgage payments. The current lot rent is $400.
- The second charge is the one-time Membership Fee. The one-time Membership Fee is $300. Once a Member has paid the Membership Fee, he or she only pays lot rent. And, Members get their Membership Fee back if they sell their homes.
- We now have control over when and why our rent changes.
- Please contact Diane Benoit at The Hodges Companies, our property management company, at 603.224.9221 for more information.
- Mascoma Valley Cooperative charges new Members a non-refundable application fee of $75 for each adult in the household. Learn more about the application process here.